Keren's Jewelry Store - Love2Bead

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How it all got started

Myself and the ladies at church were interested in doing crafts together. Dorene had just recently started making some necklaces and other jewelry and she invited us to join her in her home. I bought a kit and on the first day I thought it was quite complicated. What in the world are all these pieces for! One day out of the week led to another and almost a year later I'm addicted. There are 3 of us in our beading group: Dorene (it's all her fault - haha), Ann and myself. I have become very close to Ann and Dorene. They're like my mothers. I won't tell their ages but they are seniors. We get together every Monday afternoon and feed off each others ideas and inspire each other and most importantly FELLOWSHIP.
Several months ago Dorene started shipping her finished products to her daughter. At her daughters workplace she sells it and boy, is it in high demand there! This has become a very fruitful source of income for Dorene. Ann started taking her jewelry into a local shop and selling it on consignment. That worked out great until the shop closed.
I've been inspired by my beading friends and have my own website http://love2bead.blujay.com
where I have sold almost 15 sets.
I love to bead. It's very relaxing and I love to see the pieces evolve in front of me.
So, this is pretty long for my first post but I guess I needed to start somewhere.

2 comments:

Julie's Jottings said...

Looks great Keren!!

Michelle said...

It looks really great!!!